Definition of bacteriology in English:
The study of bacteria.
- All sputum samples grew significant numbers of bacteria; quantitative bacteriology revealed an almost 3-fold increase in bacterial count over the period.
- When the bacteriophage was discovered, this was a turning point for bacteriology, but phages long remained the concern of medical bacteriologists.
- He was to investigate the pathology, the pesticide levels in the blubber, try to do bacteriology and virology.
- Example sentences
- In short he is a bacteriologist and microbiologist first who happens to have found his way to a specialism in food contamination.
- By the early twentieth century, colonial authorities had entrenched the regime of immunization proposed by bacteriologists, who stemmed the tide of virulent disease through mandatory inoculations.
- For decades bacteriologists have known that the organism lives in close association with zooplankton, particularly the minute crustaceans known as copepods.
Definition of bacteriology in:
- US English dictionary