- A broad slope of alluvial material at the foot of an escarpment.More example sentences
- Cercidium microphyllum, a green-stemmed, drought - deciduous tree 3 to 5 m high, is a dominant woody legume on rocky slopes and bajadas throughout the Sonoran Desert.
- Adjacent fans may merge to form a broad sloping surface, known as a bajada, at the foot of a mountain range.
- High-density scrubs are found on lower bajadas, sloping less than 1.5%, whereas low-density scrubs occur on upper bajadas sloping more than 3%.
mid 19th century: from Spanish, 'descent, slope'.
More definitions of bajadaDefinition of bajada in:
- The US English dictionary