- A rare and little known kind of lightning having the form of a moving globe of light several centimetres across which persists for periods of up to a minute.More example sentences
- In nearly all reported cases, the observers saw another form of lightning flash before seeing ball lightning.
- Some researchers believe that ball lightning occurs when lightning bolts touch down on the Earth's surface.
- Extremely rare, there are few pictures of ball lightning, which is usually described as a floating sphere, often about the size of a basketball.
More definitions of ball lightningDefinition of ball lightning in:
- The US English dictionary