noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Surgical widening of a blocked or narrowed blood vessel, especially a coronary artery, by means of a balloon catheter.More example sentences
- All lesions were predilated with balloon angioplasty before stent implant.
- They pry open clogged blood vessels with balloon angioplasty and stents, the wire tubes to keep them open.
- Coronary artery restenosis after balloon angioplasty or stent implantation remains a major limitation to the long-term success of these procedures.
More definitions of balloon angioplastyDefinition of balloon angioplasty in:
- The US English dictionary