1Relating to the Baltic Sea or the region surrounding it.
- It supports the restoration of a levy on grain imports from the Black Sea and Baltic regions and pledges to resist any further support price cuts.
- Seven new countries from eastern Europe and the Baltic region, formerly part of the Soviet empire, were given membership tickets.
- The reason is that Kaliningrad also depends on transit trade through the non-Russian Baltic region.
2Denoting or relating to a branch of the Indo-European family of languages consisting of Lithuanian, Latvian, and Old Prussian.
- The official language is Lithuanian, one of two remaining languages in the Baltic branch of the Indo-European languages.
- Latvian, along with Lithuanian, is considered part of the small Baltic language group of the Indo-European family.
- Latvian belongs to the Baltic group of languages.
2 [mass noun] The Baltic languages collectively.
- But you just can't argue with top-notch Baltic pop-rock like this.
- If not, do Southern Europeans speak Baltic?
- Is it true that they all speak Baltic?
Words that rhyme with Balticbasaltic, cobaltic
Definition of Baltic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.