Definition of bamboozle in English:
verb[with object] informal
Cheat or fool: he bamboozled Canada’s largest banks in a massive counterfeit scam
More example sentences
- Courtesy is a luxury that real reporters often have to sacrifice in the line of duty, especially when bamboozled by double talk.
- It can't be easy to find rich suckers who can be bamboozled into buying this.
- Documents rarely set out to trick historians, but they can bamboozle the unwary at every turn.
Early 18th century: of unknown origin.
- Example sentences
- The era has passed of relentless pace dominating around the world, and with tours becoming shorter and more frequent, the bamboozlers, the twirly men of mystery deliveries, are a must.
- On show after show this week, the bamboozlers are going on the air and spouting the most ridiculous lies.
- What I'm talking about are serial losers and bamboozlers, serial frauds and fakes, serial blusterers and blowhards.
Words that rhyme with bamboozleaccusal, foozle, ouzel, perusal, refusal
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan