noun (plural same)
- A Vietnamese snack consisting of a baguette (traditionally baked with both rice and wheat flour) filled with a variety of ingredients, typically including meat, pickled vegetables, and chilli: along with classic banh mi, there are refreshing cold noodles and exceptional bowls of soupMore example sentences
- And a Vietnamese-style sandwich made with crumbled pork sausage, pickled vegetables, fresh cilantro, and garlicky aioli on great French bread is a worthy tribute to Brooklyn's banh mi shops.
- Already on the rise as part of the New York food scene is the Vietnamese banh mi - a toasted baguette filled with pork, pickled vegetables, fresh coriander and mayonnaise.
- This bright little Vietnamese shop, owned by Hanco Tang, has just a counter and a few tables; the attraction is banh mi, sandwiches on warm, plump, crusty baguettes.
from Vietnamese bánh mi 'bread'.
More definitions of banh miDefinition of banh mi in:
- The US English dictionary