Definition of bar-hop in English:
verb (bar-hops, bar-hopping, bar-hopped)[no object] (usually as noun bar-hopping)
Visit several bars in succession, having a drink in each.
- ‘London-on-Sea’, as Brighton is often known, offers a wide choice of activities, from shopping and bar-hopping to high culture.
- The New York Times claims that there has been a rise in bar-hopping in NYC itself over the past three months, with more people going to more bars, staying later and drinking harder drinks.
- Out bar-hopping in Shoreditch tonight, I discovered heaven.
- Example sentences
- Decide for yourself next week when I outline the official steps being taken to try and make Fed Hall a staple for UW students and bar-hoppers everywhere.
- Badge-less bar-hoppers like me are always fair game for operatives, who work around clocks deciding for the undecided.
- However the intrepid bar-hoppers were all present and were well and truly beaten by Barry Chadbourn who shot an outstanding 40 points.
Definition of bar-hop in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan