Definition of bar-hop in English:
verb (bar-hops, bar-hopping, bar-hopped)[no object] (usually as noun bar-hopping)
Visit several bars in succession, having a drink in each.
- ‘London-on-Sea’, as Brighton is often known, offers a wide choice of activities, from shopping and bar-hopping to high culture.
- The New York Times claims that there has been a rise in bar-hopping in NYC itself over the past three months, with more people going to more bars, staying later and drinking harder drinks.
- Out bar-hopping in Shoreditch tonight, I discovered heaven.
- Example sentences
- Decide for yourself next week when I outline the official steps being taken to try and make Fed Hall a staple for UW students and bar-hoppers everywhere.
- Badge-less bar-hoppers like me are always fair game for operatives, who work around clocks deciding for the undecided.
- However the intrepid bar-hoppers were all present and were well and truly beaten by Barry Chadbourn who shot an outstanding 40 points.
Definition of bar-hop in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.