- A vertical line used in a musical score to mark a division between bars.More example sentences
- Stopping before a bar line inhibits the central nervous system of the student who could otherwise tend to take over and encourage rushing over bar lines into downbeats.
- Here, the phasing occurs solely through human means, as the music gets pushed bit by bit ‘ahead’ of the bar line.
- That is absurd, because the bar line is a notational, not a musical, matter.
More definitions of bar lineDefinition of bar line in:
- The US English dictionary