- 1Shameless and undisguised: a barefaced lieMore example sentences
flagrant, blatant, glaring, obvious, undisguised, unconcealed, overt, open, transparent, patent, evident, manifest, palpable, unmistakable; shameless, unabashed, unashamed, without shame, impudent, insolent, audacious, unembarrassed, unblushing, brazen, brass-necked, brash, bold, unrepentant• archaic arrant
- As for the glowing testimonials, John says they are ‘almost certainly barefaced lies or they are leaving out pertinent facts like they committed fraud to do the deals.’
- Mornings were a time of barefaced lies and outrageous excuses.
- We make things too easy for ourselves if we regard such a statement as a barefaced lie.
- 2Having an uncovered face: his years of working barefaced, breathing down dustMore example sentences
- A woman today told how a barefaced burglar strolled into her living room as she watched television and walked out with her handbag and purse.
- Fall's face is more sophisticated than the barefaced sheen of summer - why Brown recommends that African-American women focus on evening out their complexions with foundation.
- Now her morning makeup often consists only of tinted sunscreen, but the results have even caught the eye of a local liquor-store sales clerk who recently asked the barefaced beauty for identification.