- A person in charge of or working on a barge.More example sentences
- One old bargee described the Institute as the happiest, blessedest little place in Brentford.
- The British inland waterway system, flourishing in the early nineteenth century, was staffed by a large body of bargees who, like the railway navvies, earned an unenviable reputation for roughness.
- But Davey's quiet life changes when he falls in love with the tactless but vulnerable Sarah, a Scottish bargee who stays with him in his lock-keeper's cottage.
More definitions of bargeeDefinition of bargee in:
- The US English dictionary