nounNorth American • informal
- A very exciting or dramatic event, especially a sports contest: she won a barn burner of a debate against the party leaderMore example sentences
- But this governor's race is like - is a barn burner just like the Senate race in South Dakota.
- Avedon's got a number of really good posts up, but this one is a barn burner.
- My team plays his about 3 times a year, and every game is a barn burner and we take turns winning.
More definitions of barn burnerDefinition of barn burner in:
- The US English dictionary