Definition of base hospital in English:
1A military hospital situated at some distance from the area of active operations during a war.
- It operated fifty-eight domestic and overseas base hospitals for the military, twenty-four of them in France.
- Both were treated at the base hospital for smoke inhalation.
- He spent the next 4 hours at the base hospital for treatment and observation, and then returned to the line to continue his maintenance work.
2Australian /NZ A hospital serving a large rural area.
- I also say, along with my colleagues Dianne Yates and Nanaia Mahuta, how delighted and proud we are to have recently been part of the announcement of the major capital upgrade of our major base hospital, Waikato Hospital.
- A monopole on Robinson's Lookout will take the existing signal from Mt Nardi and re-transmit it into parts of East, South, North, and Central Lismore, and areas around the base hospital.
- The new hospital, Wellington base hospital, being built by this Labour Government will be a modern hospital, a good hospital, and suitable for the needs of the Wellington Capital and Coast region in the years 2005 and beyond.
Definition of base hospital in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan