- A pair of complementary bases in a double-stranded nucleic acid molecule, consisting of a purine in one strand linked by hydrogen bonds to a pyrimidine in the other. Cytosine always pairs with guanine, and adenine with thymine (in DNA) or uracil (in RNA).More example sentences
- This package contains a number of substitution models for nucleotides and RNA base pairs.
- Thymine glycol base pairs with A and results in a C T transition.
- Instead, it can move within the transcription complex several base pairs upstream or downstream along the template strand.
More definitions of base pairDefinition of base pair in:
- The US English dictionary