- A sword hilt with a guard resembling basketwork.More example sentences
- His focus fell fully on the armed man carelessly waving his sword around-a thin blade with a gaudy basket hilt.
- Swept-hilts, ring-hilts, cage-hilts, and some basket hilts are forms of complex-guard.
- At about this time the full basket hilt was understandably made to be taken off the blade to allow the fitting of the cruciform hilt, for which the nut on top of the pommel may be noted.
More definitions of basket hiltDefinition of basket hilt in:
- The US English dictionary