- The average score of a batsman or batter, in cricket a batsman’s runs scored per completed innings, and in baseball a batter’s safe hits per official times at bat.More example sentences
- I suppose the simplest way of gauging Test allrounders is to deduct the bowling average from the batting average.
- The Brewers had the worst batting average in the league, while ranking 15th in runs scored and homers.
- What major league player has had the lowest batting average with 100 or more runs batted in during one season?
More definitions of batting averageDefinition of batting average in:
- The US English dictionary