- Hone your haggling skills in Tunisia's markets and bazaars when you travel with Burnside Travel.
- Lots of farmers markets, bazaars that were open on the street.
- The bazaars, colorful food markets and constant flow of border-hoppers provide absorbing spectacles.
- We had to borrow furniture and had to fundraise with Christmas bazaars, sales of work, that type of thing.
- Easy Ways Products have been successfully sold through craft fairs, bazaars, horse sales and door to door throughout the county.
- When you wander into the Tabernacle Church Hall it reeks of bazaars and jumble sales.
- The goods which were sold at the bazaar were divided in three categories.
- The streets are empty of passers-by, shops are shuttered, and bazaars are closed.
- David Patterson of the 785th Combat Stress Detachment from Minneapolis, Minnesota, a frequent shopper at the bazaar.
Late 16th century: from Italian bazarro, from Turkish, from Persian bāzār 'market'.
A Persian word for ‘market’ is the ultimate source of bazaar, which came into English from Italian bazarro that was in turn borrowed from Turkish.
Words that rhyme with bazaaraargh, Accra, afar, ah, aha, aide-mémoire, ajar, Alcazar, are, Armagh, armoire, Artois, au revoir, baa, bah, bar, barre, beaux-arts, Bekaa, bête noire, Bihar, bizarre, blah, Bogotá, Bonnard, bra, cafard, café noir, Calabar, car, Carr, Castlebar, catarrh, Changsha, char, charr, cigar, comme ci comme ça, commissar, coup d'état, de haut en bas, devoir, Dhofar, Directoire, Du Bois, Dumas, Dunbar, éclat, embarras de choix, escritoire, fah, famille noire, far, feu de joie, film noir, foie gras, Fra, galah, gar, guar, guitar, ha, hah, ha-ha, Halacha, hurrah, hussar, huzza, insofar, Invar, jar, je ne sais quoi, ka, kala-azar, Kandahar, khimar, Khorramshahr, knar, Krasnodar, Kwa, la-di-da, lah, Lehár, Loire, ma, mama, mamma, mar, Mardi Gras, ménage à trois, mirepoix, moire, nam pla, Navarre, noir, objet d'art, pa, pah, Panama, papa, par, Pará, Paraná, pas, pâté de foie gras, peau-de-soie, pietà, Pinot Noir, pooh-bah, poult-de-soie, pya, rah, registrar, Saar, Salazar, Sana'a, sang-froid, scar, schwa, Seychellois, shah, Shangri-La, shikar, ska, sol-fa, spa, spar, star, Starr, Stranraer, ta, tahr, tar, tartare, tata, tra-la, tsar, Twa, Villa, voilà, waratah, yah
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ba¦zaar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.