- The sprouting seeds of certain beans, especially mung beans, used chiefly in oriental cookery.More example sentences
- For a welcome grounding among such high-pitched flavors, there's a soft hunk of roasted eggplant, a ribbon of blanched snow pea or julienned carrot, or the watery relief of a mung bean sprout.
- Can you still tell a silver maple seedling from a bean sprout?
- Her father said before Kurren could grab a bean sprout with her fingers.
More definitions of bean sproutsDefinition of bean sprouts in:
- The US English dictionary