Definition of beatbox in English:
1A drum machine.
- Artists formerly known as Sub Sub - they of the Ain't No Love (Ain't No Use) dance hit - Doves have swapped the synths and beatboxes for epic guitar rock.
- Simple elements - strummed acoustic guitar, muffled beatbox, acoustic piano, organ, occasional electronics - are arranged to create an elegant anonymity which allows the listener to listen in their own way.
- Snowboy's lead on congas and assorted Afro-Cuban beatboxes is shared with shimmering vocals by Davide Giovanni and backed by the formidable talents of the Latin Section.
2A radio or radio cassette player used to play loud music, especially rap.
- Me, I'm off to go spacedancing with my renewable-energy beatbox.
- We had a beatbox, and people kicked freestyles and writtens.
- As for subway performers who actually do exist, I really dig that dude with the trumpet and beatbox, but I haven't seen him in a while.
verb[no object] Back to top
Imitate the sounds of a drum machine with the voice.
- Well that's the first song done then; Tom Waits grumbling and growling like only he can, beatboxing now too, just for kicks, while his son breaks a turntable.
- A bodyguard rushed to intercede, but Fresh made a quick explanation, grabbed a mike, and started beatboxing along with P and Co.
- And my friend and I were playing and beatboxing and rapping and the cops stopped us and said we couldn't do that.
- beatboxer noun
- Example sentences
- Well, there's no one out there, from Rahzel to various beatboxers around Montreal, who does what you do.
- I heard something I've never heard before: a flutist beatboxer.
- We're chronicling the stories, the tales and adventures of every beatboxer around the world.
- beatboxing noun
- Example sentences
- A brief lull in his barrage of worshipful text was devoted to his signature beatboxing.
- Mr. Avery apparently plays the harmonica and augments the chords with simultaneous beat-boxing.
- He also did a bit of dancing and beat boxing, which was cool.
Definition of beatbox in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.