A fern with triangular, deeply lobed fronds, found in moist woodland habitats and beside streams in Eurasia and North America.
- Genus Phegopteris, family Thelypteridaceae
More example sentences
- The fronds of beech ferns are shaped like arrowheads, with the lowest pair of leaflets pointing out at a diagonal.
- Typically found in rich woodlands, broad beech fern adapts well to virtually any partially shaded woodland garden.
- Christmas, lady, cinnamon and broad beech ferns thrive in the area.
Definition of beech fern in:
- The US English dictionary