(also beer gut)
Definition of beer belly in English:
A man’s fat stomach caused by excessive consumption of beer.
- Davefish, known for his excessive beer belly and loud obnoxious manner.
- The man pulled away from Devin and slumped down in an awkward pose, shifting his hooded sweatshirt to cover his paunchy beer belly.
- A lean build was slowly disappearing behind the beer belly on his stomach.
- Example sentences
- If you're missing one of two beer-bellied drunkards that had a big night at Banbury Cross in Northriding last night, worry no more.
- There across the room, just past the beer-bellied former jocks and the rich former nerds, I spied a poised, graceful woman with flowing red hair and laughing green eyes.
- Three young ladies who looked less than pleased to be talking to two middle-aged, beer-bellied sailors, but their good manners keeping them where they stood.
Definition of beer belly in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India