Definition of beetroot in English:
1The edible dark-red spherical root of a kind of beet, eaten as a vegetable.
- On the living room table are three huge salad bowls and onions, tomatoes, feta cheese, sesame seeds, beetroot, celery, spinach and garlic.
- The garden provided cauliflower, tomatoes, green peppers, spinach, beetroot, carrots, onions, rap and cabbage to the local market.
- Here community volunteers grow foods such as cabbage, spinach, beetroot, onion and carrots.
2The variety of beet which produces beetroots.
- Beta vulgaris subsp. vulgaris, family Chenopodiaceae
- After planting the beetroot, the children were shown how to create their own pot plants out of newspaper.
- I've also planted a few beetroot seeds and I'm planning on doing a few more tomorrow and on starting the carrots.
- I also dug up a few of the beetroot plants, but they haven't formed roots yet.
Words that rhyme with beetrootgrapefruit • snakeroot
Definition of beetroot in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.