verb (befits, befitting, befitted)[with object]
- Be appropriate for; suit: as befits a Quaker, he was a humane manMore example sentences
- This should ensure us that the trial in question would be carried out in the most appropriate and befitting manner.
- Already he wore the light and baggy silvered suit befitting his rank and his boots were on.
- With a physique that suited and befitted the characters allotted to him, Ranjith had an upper hand in the scenes he was involved in.
More definitions of befitDefinition of befit in:
- The US English dictionary