Definition of beginner in English:
A person just starting to learn a skill or take part in an activity: a beginner’s guide language courses for beginners an absolute beginner
More example sentences
- You are never too young or old to learn and the skills you need to learn as a beginner are the same no matter what your reason for taking lessons.
- The society is particularly is catering for beginners who want to learn the game and have a bit of fun at the same time.
- But they are, says Gina, great places for beginners to start to learn about plants.
recruit, raw recruit, newcomer, new boy, new girl, tyro, fledgling, neophyte, initiate, fresher, freshman, cub;
Christianity postulant, novitiate;
North American tenderfoot
Australian/New Zealand informal new chum
- Good luck supposedly experienced by a beginner at a particular activity.Example sentences
- Would I be able to swoop in on some beginner's luck and take something home?
- Somewhere on the outskirts of town, his beginner's luck finally deserted him.
- If not, I shall have to put it down to beginner's luck - a bit like my politics.
Words that rhyme with beginnerBerliner, Corinna, dinner, grinner, inner, Jinnah, sinner, skinner, spinner, thinner, winner
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.