verb[with object] (often as adjective begrimed)
- Blacken with ingrained dirt: begrimed deckhandsMore example sentences
- The habitations are begrimed with smut and dirt.
- He wore the same blackened ring-shirt and dark clothing as when he had left, but now they and he were begrimed and streaked with dirt.
- In the intervening two decades, equipment had become more portable; pictures could be taken in the thick of battle; civilian victims and exhausted begrimed soldiers could be studied close up.
More definitions of begrimeDefinition of begrime in:
- The US English dictionary