Definition of bejesus in English:
Used to express surprise or for emphasis.
- He's off to the top of Cologne Cathedral, where the bejesus - and, hopefully, the fear - will be scared out of him.
- Like father, like son, they'll say, and bejesus, McCourt senior could put them away.
- Scared the bejesus out of the poor kitten - the cat stayed behind the dishwasher for almost 45 minutes.
beat the bejesus out of
- Hit (someone) very hard or for a long time: they caught the two and started beating the bejesus out of themMore example sentences
- ‘Whenever people see a mascot, they can't help beating the bejesus out of it,’ Rolling Stone relates.
- Sadly, while you'll succeed in beating the bejeezus out of Ash repeatedly, he will ultimately wipe you from existence.
- If you don't enjoy watching grown men beating the bejesus out of each other, forget it.
scare the bejesus out of
Definition of bejesus in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan