Definition of belated in English:
Coming or happening later than should have been the case: a belated apology
More example sentences
- Of course, apologies followed, and at five to three the belated ceremony was commenced to the relief of all concerned.
- The move is long overdue and it's mostly belated good news for shareholders.
- Though belated, the announcement went down well with the workers both permanent and temporary.
- Example sentences
- I apologise for the belatedness, because these correspondents were ahead of the curve.
- He did not have before him the example of Taylor's belatedness.
- I apologize for my belatedness, but you seemed to have managed just fine on your own.
Words that rhyme with belatedelated, mismated, outdated, overinflated, striated, unabated, undated, unrated, unrelated, unstated, X-rated
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan