- A bell-shaped glass cover used in a laboratory, typically for enclosing samples.More example sentences
- A one gramme weight is placed on the scale pan of an electronic balance and the balance is covered by a glass bell jar.
- In the white void opposite, he has placed a glass bell jar containing an auction hammer.
- I think there's a great deal of misunderstanding about what emptiness is, the idea that emptiness is something that happens under a bell jar when you exhaust all the air from it.
More definitions of bell jarDefinition of bell jar in:
- The US English dictionary