Definition of belladonna in English:
- Derivatives of plant leaves, flowers, stems, berries, fruits and roots account for about half of those available including some of the better known - arnica and belladonna.
- Two of the most popular and better known are arnica and belladonna.
- You don't have much of your hour left to find some belladonna.
1.1 [mass noun] A drug prepared from the leaves and root of deadly nightshade, containing atropine.
- The most common ingredients prescribed were iodides, organic nitrites, stramonium, belladonna, atropine, hyoscyamus, tobacco smoke, and menthol.
- Although a small benefit has been found from the combination of belladonna and phenobarbital, concern over adverse effects and possible addiction problems has limited its use.
- By the late eighteenth century William Heberden was recommending cold baths and blisters ‘applied to the loins' and belladonna was later used as a cure.
Words that rhyme with belladonnaConnor, donna, goner, gonna, honour (US honor), Maradona, Mashona, O'Connor, Shona, wanna
Definition of belladonna in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan