- short for iceberg.More example sentences
- In the 1990s a berg the size of Oxfordshire broke off the Antarctic ice shelf and was widely hailed as proof of global warming.
- Kooyman said the site visits confirm what the photographic evidence appeared to show: ice conditions produced by the collisions of the giant bergs with the shoreline
- There are some antiseptic-blue overtones to it, too, and a whole spectrum of greens where the berg descends into the depths out of sight.
- 1A mountain or hill.More example sentences
- Hikes here are more often than not gentle strolls through the exquisite valleys. However, should the high berg beckon, it comes no higher than here.
- The main problem with high berg caves is that they cannot be booked with any surety, since parties doing longer traverses from other areas often work on the assumption that these high altitude caves are seldom used, and they may get there before you.
- When hiking in the berg it is always important to take into account the unpredictability of the weather and come prepared for any eventuality.