- A trial of machinery, software or other products in the final stages of development, carried out by a party unconnected with the development process.More example sentences
- Here are a few tips for running a beta test of a software product intended for large audiences - what I call ‘shrinkwrap’.
- The claim was made as Apple made the latest beta test build available to software authors.
- This could be a function of the beta test, if Google is using a limited number of servers to process mail.
verbBack to top
- (beta-test) [with object] Subject (a product) to a beta test: the system was still being beta-tested for practical music applicationsMore example sentences
- At the Blues Traveler mixdown, Dearnley was beta-testing DMOD software to upload high-quality, encrypted mixes to the Internet.
- With a $500 price tag and targeted towards the server market you wouldn't expect to be bug-hunting or rather beta-testing your new motherboard would you?
- The company is beta-testing a new blogging tool called Yahoo!
More definitions of beta testDefinition of beta test in:
- The US English dictionary