- A type of popular music combining Punjabi folk traditions with Western pop music: [as modifier]: a popular bhangra groupMore example sentences
- Today, the group is one of the finest exponents of this genre of music, combining bhangra with reggae, a sound that people had not heard before.
- It's refreshing to be reminded that not all Asian artists are interested in using tablas or sticking bhangra beats over hip hop.
- Stage school karaoke clashes with bhangra and the results are not pretty.
1960s (denoting a traditional folk dance): from Punjabi bhāngrā.
More definitions of bhangraDefinition of bhangra in:
- The US English dictionary