- A Himalayan wild sheep with a bluish coat and backward-curving horns. Also called blue sheep.
More example sentences
- Pseudois nayaur, family Bovidae
- On lake banks are visiting giant pandas, gnus, mountain donkeys, elks, and bharals other wildlife.
- The Himalayan blue sheep or bharal is generally found above 4,270 m in summer and is seldom seen at below 3,000 m.
- A bharal's cylindrical horns curve outward, though in older animals, the horns are directed backward.
mid 19th century: from Hindi.