Definition of biathlon in English:
A Nordic skiing event in which the competitors combine cross-country skiing and rifle shooting.
- One of the most exciting events was the biathlon, which combines cross-country skiing with shooting at targets at a range of 50m.
- As in traditional competition, biathlon consists of cross-country skiing and shooting.
- Eight biathlon events, 12 cross country ski races and three Nordic combined events were held on the 31 kilometer course.
- Example sentences
- Four of the top US biathletes will comprise the World Cup team for the competitions prior to Christmas.
- ‘I've known all along that my shooting was the weakest link in making me a successful biathlete,’ he admits.
- And it was not only an interservice competition, for we also competed with some of Australia's finest biathletes and cross-country skiers.
Definition of biathlon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan