noun (plural bichons frise or bichon frises)
- A small dog of a breed with a fine, curly white coat.More example sentences
- Lupine qualities are apparent in the Alaskan malamute, but unfathomable in the bichon frise.
- If ever the greeting card industry needs a poster dog for Valentine's Day, there is no better candidate than the bichon frise.
- As soon as a young woman walking her bichon frise came by in the other direction, the men's chatter started up again.
from French barbichon 'little water spaniel' + frisé 'curly-haired'.
More definitions of bichon friseDefinition of bichon frise in:
- The US English dictionary