Definition of bicolour in English:
Having two colours: a male bicolour damselfish
More example sentences
- Dorsey's study focuses on bicolor damselfish populations and reproductive success at two different kinds of coral reef habitats in the Caribbean - a near-shore fringing reef on Barbados and a deep offshore reef in Grenada.
- Dorsey chose to work with the bicolor damselfish because they are not considered a threatened or endangered species.
- The colors cover the spectrum and there are solid as well as bicolor types.
nounBack to top
A bicolour flower or breed.
- Some farmers cultivate bi-colour flowers like light yellow with maroon blotches, deep crimson-edged yellow, gold and red bicolour.
- Flowers of some red and blue large-flowered hybrids and the bicolors fade badly if they get too much sun and these should be planted in eastern exposures or partial shade.
- In recent years, breeders have introduced bicolors, usually a basic color with a white star.
bicoloured adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- Many cultivars have bicolored petals and a striking yellow center.
- Fabulous bright colors of red, pink, white, and purple, along with many bicolored varieties are some popular color choices of gardeners.
- She looked up and saw Mephisto, wise old Mephisto, watching her with patience in his bicoloured eyes.
Definition of bicolour in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan