1Having two faces, surfaces, or sides: bifacial solar panels
More example sentences
- Lest any reader miss the point, a depiction of the bifacial god appears throughout the book.
- Over the years, some of the most successful rituals at Rites of Spring have centered around such images: a wicker figure, the Maypole, a bifacial Goddess puppet, a gigantic multi-colored web, an earthen Great Mother protruding from the ground.
1.1 Botany (Of a leaf) having upper and lower surfaces that are structurally different.
- It possessed secondary xylem and secondary phloem, which were produced by a bifacial vascular cambium with ray and fusiform initials.
- A bifacial vascular cambium forming manoxylic secondary wood is also present.
- The primary vascular system consists of a eustele and a bifacial vascular cambium.
1.2 Archaeology (Of a flint or other artefact) worked on both faces.
- Excluded from the small tool category are hafted bifaces, hoes/adzes, large, ovate disk scrapers, chert hammerstones, larger chisels, wedges, and large bifacial knives/scrapers.
- Hence, when Smoky Hill jasper is present in substantial amounts in a collection, the bifacial knives are made primarily from it.
- This small-tool tradition excludes the better-known large bifacial tools of this period and all core tools.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: bi|facial
Definition of bifacial in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.