nounNorth American • informal
- A very large store which sells goods at discount prices, especially one specializing in a particular type of merchandise.More example sentences
- Yes, there is heavy competition from big box outlets, specialty stores and the Internet.
- Will Huntington Drive surrender its decrepit auto-body shops only to make way for chain stores and big boxes?
- Only big box stores offered extended warranties for them back then.
More definitions of big boxDefinition of big box in:
- The US English dictionary