- A contraction of the universe to a state of extremely high density and temperature (a hypothetical opposite of the big bang).More example sentences
- The idea at that time was a cycle in which our three-dimensional universe goes through periods of expansion beginning from the Big Bang and then reversal to contraction and a big crunch.
- As a result, 100 billion years after the Big Bang will come the big crunch.
- Furthermore the big bang and the big crunch are actually the same event, just viewed from different directions.
More definitions of big crunchDefinition of big crunch in:
- The US English dictionary