Obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, and intolerant towards other people’s beliefs and practices: a bigoted group of reactionaries a bigoted article
More example sentences
- In walks your relocation consultant with a clip file, revealing an intolerant, homophobic, bigoted county commission.
- He was not a harmless old drunk, but a bigoted, racist reactionary who made a fortune from the oil industry.
- Anyone who disagrees with this philosophy is bigoted, biased, sexist, and/or closed-minded.
prejudiced, biased, partial, one-sided, sectarian, discriminatory;
intolerant, narrow-minded, blinkered, illiberal, inflexible, uncompromising, fanatical, dogmatic, opinionated;
racist, racialist, sexist, heterosexist, homophobic, anti-gay, chauvinistic, chauvinist, anti-Semitic, jingoistic;
jaundiced, warped, twisted, distorted;
French parti pris
- Example sentences
- ‘Variation has, by medical bodies, been furiously denounced and then bigotedly adopted’.
- Notwithstanding, we do not instigate anyone to disobey their laws, or either bigotedly, blindly follow them.
- This government bigotedly ignored the fact that no one persons has monopoly over leadership and set the pace by kicking as many out to fill jobs novices just couldn't cope with in the first place.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: big|ot¦ed
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.