sell someone a bill of goods
- Deceive someone, especially by persuading them to accept something untrue or undesirable: she was sold a bill of goods about her low value in societyMore example sentences
- But lest you go getting any notions that we're being sold an old disorder with a new name and a brand-new (now prescription) bill of goods, think again.
- Consumers seeking relief from phone hucksters shouldn't be sold a bill of goods by their government.
- I picture the churlish store employees who sold me this bill of goods in the first place, bellyaching about being at work, glancing at the ringing phone in irritation, then disgust, then amusement as they willfully ignore it.
Definition of bill of goods in:
- The US English dictionary