Definition of binocular in English:
Adapted for or using both eyes: a binocular microscope
More example sentences
- This would be the bird remains, after cleaning the feathers in Xylene and mounting the fragments on a microscope slide, using my Nikon binocular microscope, I could tell what the bird was.
- When the plants flowered, buds of different developmental stages were removed from the main inflorescence and the petals were dissected from the flower bud under a binocular microscope.
- He was exempted from military service because of a detached retina, and later in his career, when binocular microscopes became the norm, people puzzled why he was happy to still use a monocular one.
- Example sentences
- In the group with 6/12 binocular vision, five had uniocular acuities of 6/9 but managed only 6/12 binocularly and two had uniocular acuities of 6/18 but achieved the higher standard binocularly.
- Rats were prepared to be binocularly deprived in a fashion similar to the methods mentioned above.
- The observers viewed the display binocularly under conditions of either clockwise or counterclockwise rotation of the annulus.
Words that rhyme with binocularjocular, ocular
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.