(also a pair of binoculars)
- An optical instrument with a lens for each eye, used for viewing distant objects.More example sentences
- Not with the naked eye, and certainly not through any optical device like binoculars or a telescope.
- James tried to adjust the lenses of the binoculars for a third, unsuccessful time.
- Perhaps he plans to observe Armageddon from a safe distance, through the lenses of his binoculars.
late 19th century: plural of binocular.
More definitions of binocularsDefinition of binoculars in:
- The US English dictionary