- An organism used as an indicator of the quality of an ecosystem, especially in terms of pollution.More example sentences
- Raptors can play an important role as bioindicators of habitat quality and pollution.
- Read about Bill Baker's research into lichen-rock interface biology or the use of lichens and lichen-feeding moths as bioindicators of air pollution.
- Burger and Gochfeld provide a thorough discussion of the utility and limitations of using seabirds as bioindicators of pollutants.
More definitions of bioindicatorDefinition of bioindicator in:
- The US English dictionary