Definition of bioinformatics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
The science of collecting and analysing complex biological data such as genetic codes.
- Thus we are pursuing a variety of projects in computational biology and bioinformatics, with physicists often playing a starring role.
- They focus on the IT division of Life Science (computational biology, bioinformatics, bioIT).
- Many cite the university's strengths in veterinary medicine, bioinformatics and plant sciences as their draw to this campus.
- Example sentences
- With an ever-increasing need for constant input from bioinformatic experts, most biomedical laboratories may soon have their own in-house bioinformatician.
- It also has developed and expanded contracts to screen new drugs; develop new animal models; establish a reagent and specimen repository; and provide researchers with genomic, proteomic and bioinformatic resources.
- A key bioinformatic problem in functional genomics is the prediction of protein function from sequence.
Definition of bioinformatics in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan