Definition of biomechanics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
The study of the mechanical laws relating to the movement or structure of living organisms.
- Learn about the history of science and engineering underlying biomechanics and clinical movement analysis methods.
- Contacting a trainer who has indepth knowledge of muscle mechanics, anatomy and biomechanics will put you on the right path.
- He is a former swimming champion with a degree in engineering and training in biomechanics, biochemistry, fluid mechanics and sports physiology.
- biomechanist noun
- Example sentences
- The group included two MSc students from Loughborough, one a biomechanist, the other an exercise physiologist.
- We need a biomechanist, a physiologist, a psychologist, a nutritionist and a physiotherapist.
- The assistance of a biomechanist or a coach well-educated in biomechanics could be important in this phase of the swimmer's preparation.
Definition of biomechanics in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.