Definition of biomechanics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
The study of the mechanical laws relating to the movement or structure of living organisms.
- Learn about the history of science and engineering underlying biomechanics and clinical movement analysis methods.
- Contacting a trainer who has indepth knowledge of muscle mechanics, anatomy and biomechanics will put you on the right path.
- He is a former swimming champion with a degree in engineering and training in biomechanics, biochemistry, fluid mechanics and sports physiology.
- Example sentences
- The group included two MSc students from Loughborough, one a biomechanist, the other an exercise physiologist.
- We need a biomechanist, a physiologist, a psychologist, a nutritionist and a physiotherapist.
- The assistance of a biomechanist or a coach well-educated in biomechanics could be important in this phase of the swimmer's preparation.
Definition of biomechanics in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan