- The practice of commercially exploiting naturally occurring biochemical or genetic material, especially by obtaining patents that restrict its future use, while failing to pay fair compensation to the community from which it originates.More example sentences
- According to People and the Planet, environmentalists in some Third World countries now link ecotourism with biopiracy.
- Some have suggested that biopiracy happens because Indian knowledge is not documented.
- Concrete examples of the effect of biopiracy on indigenous communities aren't hard to find.
More definitions of biopiracyDefinition of biopiracy in:
- The US English dictionary