- A device which uses a living organism or biological molecules, especially enzymes or antibodies, to detect the presence of chemicals.More example sentences
- It means funding research into biosensors - devices that detect the presence of toxic substances in the environment - and creating more effective reporting requirements for early identification of disease outbreaks.
- That means they might attract specific molecules, which would make them useful as biosensors to detect single molecules or cells.
- Ever-increasing demand for new data inputs, miniaturization, and ample data-processing capacity drive the development of new chemical sensors and biosensors.
More definitions of biosensorDefinition of biosensor in:
- The US English dictionary