Definition of biosynthesis in English:
The production of complex molecules within living organisms or cells.
- Roma might reflect a more or less continuous biosynthesis of new cell wall material.
- All previous theoretical analyses of metabolic costs of lignin biosynthesis used glucose as substrate.
- Bacterial growth is directly linked to the capacity of the cells for protein biosynthesis.
- Example sentences
- A number of biosynthetic and metabolic processes require co-operation of different organelles or compartments.
- Based on sequence similarity to known wax biosynthetic genes, mutants with potentially altered cuticle properties can be selected from this collection.
- Therefore, it is not regarded as a direct major source of one-carbon units for biosynthetic reactions outside the mitochondria.
Definition of biosynthesis in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.