(also biriyani, biriani)
- An Indian dish made with highly seasoned rice and meat, fish, or vegetables: prawn biryaniMore example sentences
- These include Indian pilaf and biriani dishes; meat and poultry preparations such as Shahi raan (royal roast leg of lamb with saffron raisin sauce); and desserts such as kheer.
- Among the items are curd rice, vegetable biriyani, tandoori naan/roti, tomato garlic rasam, choice of dosas, appam, vendakka pachadi, ulli chena thiyal, kaalan and olan.
- The Bay's menu is vast, featuring traditional dishes of every kind including balti, tandoori, biryani, korma, bhuna, rogan josh - and even English dishes.
Urdu, from Persian biryāni, from biriyān 'fried, grilled'.
More definitions of biryaniDefinition of biryani in:
- The US English dictionary